Tuition Savings Plan!

Limited Time Tuition Offer

Request More Information
First Name
Last Name
Email Address

Current Student Frequently Asked Questions

The Academic Advisory Team encourages you to review the following FAQ as well as the New Student FAQ for information essential to the completion of your degree program.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance.


 Academic Advisor
Q: Who is my Academic Advisor?
A: Academic Advisors are automatically assigned by degree level at the time a student enrolls with Trinity. A listing of Academic Advisors may be found HERE. Students’ advisors are also listed in their student records access pages.

Q: When do I contact an Academic Advisor?
A: Students may contact an Academic Advisor at any time they wish to discuss their program requirements, change their degree, revise their course listing, register for additional courses, or if they need assistance with a problem or concern within Trinity’s normal policies.

 Academic Committee
Q: What is the Academic Committee?
A: The Academic Committee is comprised of faculty and staff representatives and is responsible for the review and resolution of student complaints, petitions, and grievances outside of Trinity's normal policies.

Q: How do I petition the Academic Committee?
A: Students may petition the Academic Committee through one of the following methods:
1. Fax – 1-812-858-6403

2. Email - - Mark Subject line “Academic Committee”

3. Postal Mail - When sending a letter through postal mail please send to:

Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary
Attn: Academic Committee
4233 Medwel Drive
Newburgh, IN 47630-2528
When sending a petition, please state your situation in detail, explaining your extenuating circumstances. Also, please be sure to include supporting documentation to substantiate your request; for example, a letter from you doctor or copies of military orders or financial records.

Q: How long do I have to wait to receive a response?
A: The committee typically meets monthly, or more often when necessary, to consider various petitions and appeals from students, which must be submitted in writing. The Academic Committee has the final authority over academic and financial matters related to individual students.

Q: Who do I contact if I have a question about an assignment?
A: For questions regarding course content, writing style/format, clarification of lesson requirements, and assistance in contacting a faculty member you may contact our Faculty via email at They will be able to best assist you in these matters. You may also review a listing of faculty members email addresses at our Contact Page.

Q: What is Turabian?
A: A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, Theses, and Dissertations by Kate L. Turabian is to be used as the default writing style manual when students do not receive explicit instructions from Trinity materials. Any specifications from the Trinity Course Study Guide take precedence over Turabian or any other Trinity materials.

 Bible Knowledge Assessment (BKA)
Q: What is a BKA?
A: Bible Knowledge Assessment (BKA) is designed for individuals who wish to test out for credits at the college level. Interested students may complete up to a total of 30 credits via BKA at the Bachelor level. Standardized Bible Knowledge Assessments published by the Association for Biblical Higher Education are used to determine BKA credits, which may reduce the time required to complete an undergraduate degree program. Further information may be found in Trinity’s Student Handbook

Once registered for BKA credits, students may request a Bible Knowledge Assessment HERE.

Q: Where do I obtain my book list for a course?
A: Book lists for a course may be found in the course study guide or in the Virtual Bookstore. Students simply need to select their degree level and match the course code on their Class Schedule with the one listed in the Virtual Bookstore.

Q: Do I have to order my books through Trinity’s Virtual Bookstore?
A: No. Students may use the book seller of their choice to order books by matching the ISBN number found in the course study guide.

 Course Delivery Systems
Q: What course delivery systems are available?
A: Trinity offers students exciting and innovative study methods to choose from in completing degree requirements. Students can learn in a concentrated study environment free from external distractions (Regional/Webinar Courses), or a structured study environment that is convenient and time efficient (12 Week Online Courses). All course delivery systems are available to students via the Trinity Online Learning Center (TOLC).

Q: When do I pay a course delivery fee?
A: Students who elect to complete a course using the Regional, Webinar, or 12 Week Online course format will be expected to pay a course delivery fee in addition to their tuition.

Q: What courses are available in the Online Course format?
A: Online Courses follow a term schedule. These courses take place over a 12 week period. The first 8 weeks of the course consists of asynchronous (non-real time) threaded discussions. The final four weeks allow students to complete assignments outlined in the course study guide, as well as the Proctored Examination. A complete Online Course schedule is available HERE.

Q: What courses are offered via Regional Course format?
A: Students may view the Regional Course schedule HERE. Regional courses are held on campus at Newburgh, Indiana and periodically at various locations throughout the United States.

Q: What courses are offered via Webinar Course format?
A: Students may view the Webinar Course schedule HERE.

Q: How do I register for a Regional, Webinar, or 12 Week Online Course?
A: Students may register for a course via one of these delivery systems by calling Seminar Services at 800-545-3306 (if in the U.S.) or 812-858-3483, or by sending an email to

 Course Keys
Q: What is a course key?
A: A course key allows students access to a resource room in the TOLC. The course key is sent via email and contains the link and information to access the resource room. Once in the resource room, students have access to their course’s study guide, audio recordings, and other helpful resources.

Q: How do I request a course key?
A: To obtain a course key, you may use the Course Key Request Form.

 Degree Changes / Program Changes
Q: How do I change my degree?
A: In order for a student to change their degree program, they must email an Academic Advisor with their degree program change request. Once the email is received, the Academic Advisor will review the current course listing and see what completed or partially completed courses may be preserved and included in the new degree program. The Registrar's Office will also review official transcripts on file to determine if the prerequisite for the new program is met and if any changes in transfer will occur at the time of the change. The Academic Advisor will then contact the student with further information and assist the student with completing a new Enrollment Agreement.

Q: Is there a fee to change my degree?
A: Yes, there is a degree change fee charged if a student is changing their degree program. The fee must be paid and the Enrollment Agreement signed to finalize the change.

Q: How do I change my program and how is this different from a degree change?
A: A program change simply means that you wish to change your major or specialization area, but not the actual degree. For example, if you are enrolled in a Master of Arts Major in Biblical Counseling and wish to change to a Master of Arts Major in Pastoral Ministry, you would need to simply complete an Addendum to the Enrollment Agreement. If in this same example you requested a change to a Master of Divinity, this would be considered a degree change.

Q: Are there fees for a program change?
A: Yes. A program change fee is charged at the time the Addendum is processed.

Q: How long do I have to wait to receive a grade?
A: Lessons may take up to four weeks to be graded. Sending lessons via postal mail will require extra time to receive a grade. Once the grade is received and posted at Trinity, a Trinity Evaluation Sheet or TES will be sent to the student.

Q: How do I check to see if a grade has been posted?
A: Students may monitor their grades by reviewing their Student Records Access page or submitting a grade request to check on a lesson/exam that is past the standard grading time by completing the Online Grade Request Form.

Q: What is the process for resubmitting an assignment to improve a grade?
A: Students may review information related to resubmitting assignments under the heading "Lesson Resubmission/Course Retake" in the Trinity Student Handbook.

 Materials (Study Guides and Audio Recordings)
Q: Where can I obtain a copy of my study guide as well as audio recordings for a course?
A: Students may access a course study guide and any applicable audio recordings by logging into the resource room in the Trinity Online Learning Center (TOLC) or request materials be mailed to them by sending an email to

 Participation Requirements
Q: Which courses require Participation Reports?
A: All Independent Study courses require students to submit a Participation Report. In addition to the instructions found in the course study guide, students may find additional instructions, as well as a Participation Report template to use with their submission, in the TOLC resource room for the course.

Q: How often are Participation Reports required to be submitted?
A: Independent Study courses require students to submit a Participation Report for each Independent Study course on their Class Schedule bi-monthly, or every two months, until the participation requirement is completed.

No specified amount of reading, listening, and/or viewing is required for any report, so students may work on as few or as many courses at one time as they choose.

Q: How do I complete the participation requirement for my Online Course?
A: Online course students are students registered for a course via the 12 Week Online Course format. During the first 8 weeks of the course, students will substantively participate in the online class discussions hosted in the online classroom. Students will receive from the professor specific reading assignments and instruction as to how they are to participate online. Students not participating consistently and as instructed in the online discussions, and/or do not post substantive content in the discussions, will not receive full credit for this assignment.

Q: Can I use prior experiential learning experiences to satisfy Trinity credits?
A: A student can earn academic credits at Trinity on the basis of college level prior learning substantiated in the writing of an acceptable portfolio according to standards established by the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL). Trinity offers portfolio credits for bachelor and masters level students. Information regarding portfolio options may be found in the current catalog or Trinity Student Handbook.

Any questions regarding a portfolio may be directed to Academic Advisor Jennifer Horner via email at or telephone at 812-853-0611.

 Registering for Courses
Q: How do I register for additional courses?
A: To register for additional courses, simply contact an Academic Advisor for assistance. Academic Advisors will review your program requirements and assist you in ensuring that you are on track for degree completion.

Q: How much does it cost?
A: Current tuition rates may be found HERE.

Q: How quickly do I have to register once I have completed an Enrollment Agreement?
A: Trinity requires a student to register for the next term of courses within 90 days of completing the last Enrollment Agreement.

 Student Records Access
Q: Where can I access my student records?
A: Students may access their student records by going HERE.

Q: How does having access to my student records help me?
A: The Student Records Access page allows students to monitor when assignments have been received and forwarded for grading as well as posted grades, payments, and the name of their assigned Academic Advisor.

 Trinity Café
Q: What is the Trinity Café?
A: The Trinity Café is a social forum available for current students. Students who choose to participate in the Trinity Café share encouragement, information, and prayer requests with one another. It is a great way for students to get to know one another and support one another throughout their studies at Trinity. Since this is a social forum, questions for Trinity faculty and staff will need to be sent directly to or the specific staff member’s email address.

Q: How do I join the Trinity Café?
A: To gain access to the Trinity Café, students must simply log into the Trinity Online Learning Center.

Q: How do I withdraw from a course or Trinity?
A: Students who find it necessary to withdraw from a course or Trinity may do so in any manner. The official date of the withdrawal will be the date Trinity receives the student’s request to withdraw. Refund requests will be processed according to Trinity’s Tuition Refund/Cancellation Policies up to and including the termination date of the applicable Enrollment Agreement. The termination date of the applicable Enrollment Agreement is not altered in the event an Addendum is used to change a program or drop and/or add courses on the Enrollment Agreement. Applicable monies are refunded to the party who paid for the courses. Trinity’s tuition refund/cancellation policies were effective September 12, 2008 and apply to new tuition charges on or after that date. Please take time to review our Refund Policy found in Trinity’s Student Handbook.