Doctor of Philosophy--36 Credits
The Doctor of Philosophy at Trinity is an advanced degree program designed to enhance the analytical, interpersonal, and professional skills of our adult learners and provide them with superior ability for positions of leadership and ministry.
Through the completion of relevant courses and thorough analysis of precedent literature and current issues and trends, students discern how to interpret and respond to contemporary theories and practices, and how to deploy their knowledge, understanding, and skills to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
To develop educational and ministry leaders through curriculum based on a biblical worldview.
- Learners will develop a focused program of study in a specific area.
- Learners will interact with the content of the chosen program through analysis, critical evaluation, and synthesis, culminating in a Dissertation.
- Learners will conduct independent scholarly analysis and implement research findings in ministry context.
Ph.D. with Focus Core Structure
- RW 001 Trinity Tutorial
- Focus Core – 7 Courses - 21 credits - See Listings Below
- Research Methods Course - 3 credits Choose course depending on the nature of anticipated research dissertation:
- RW 710 Empirical Research Methods or
- RW 810 Bibliographic Research Methods
- RW 756 Dissertation – 12 credits
General Ph.D. with Focus Core Information
- Prerequisite for Ph.D. with Focus Core: Master’s degree.
- Total Credits Required = 36. Credits for transfer are not available for the Ph.D. Degree.
- Awarding degree credit for experiential learning in not available at the doctoral level.
Focus Core Studies
A Ph.D. student will successfully complete a dissertation. In addition to the Focus Courses, a research project is designed to expand the knowledge of the field
in the focus area of study, and to demonstrate that the degree candidate has conducted
independent scholarly analysis and implementation of research findings in ministry