MA Degree – Major in Christian Women's Studies
The major in the Master of Arts degree is the focused area of study designed to prepare a student for a specific career path or professional goal. Courses in the major define the subject areas of expertise being developed by the student.
Purpose of the Major
To equip learners with a biblical and theological base on which to engage in the study of women’s issues as well as enhance ministry skills and enable them to create new ways of viewing, examining, and understanding the world in which they live and work.
- Learners will explore the various biblical and theological concepts of the work and roles of Christian women in order to evaluate their understanding of ministry praxis.
- Learners will identify, compare, and contrast from an historical and theological basis the various constructs in the field of Christian women’s ministry.
- Learners will explain how concepts related to women’s issues and ministry praxis can be applied to personal spiritual development and ministry.
- Learners will distinguish and interpret competing points of view that are expressed in women’s studies literature, both historical and contemporary, from a scriptural perspective.
- Learners will identify, analyze, and differentiate between various strategies, techniques, and skills used in Christian women’s ministry in order to enhance personal knowledge and understanding at it relates to their life and work.
- Learners will create and apply new strategies, techniques, and methods of doing Christian Women’s ministry.
Major Core Studies – 18 Credits
Major Core Studies form 18 credits of the 33 credits minimum for the MA degree Major in Women's Studies. Major Core Studies are from Women's Studies, Biblical Counseling, Conflict Management, and Research and Writing subject areas.
- WS 503 Current Issues of Women and the Church
- WS 541 Spiritual Formation for Women
- WS 622 Contemporary Women Theologians
- WS 625 Comparative Studies on Women in Scripture and Church History
- Choose either course:
- WS 531 Women Ministering to Women
- WS 504 Leadership Skills for Women
- Choose either course:
- WS 505 Presentation Strategies for Women
- CE 588 Dynamic Teaching Techniques
Program Structure – 33 Credits Minimum
A minimum of 18 credits must be earned at Trinity.
Information on the MA Degree and Other Majors