MA Degree – Concentration in Christian Counseling
The major in the Master of Arts degree is the focused area of study designed to prepare a student for a specific career path or professional goal. Courses in the major define the subject areas of expertise being developed by the student.
Purpose of the Major
To prepare learners to offer a professional Christian counseling ministry, equipping learners in both Scriptural truth and counseling science in order to assist troubled individuals, families, and groups.
- Learners will develop skills needed in a professional Christian counseling ministry in a church or other ministry setting.
- Learners will be equipped to utilize both Scriptural truth and counseling science in counseling.
- Learners will develop the formation of the Christian practitioner in assisting the troubled individuals, families, and groups.
Program Structure – 33 Credits Minimum
- RW 001 Trinity Tutorial – 0 credits
- Theology Core – 6 credits
- Pastoral Ministry Core – 9 credits
- Concentration Core – 18 credits
A minimum of 33 credits must be earned at Trinity.
Theology Core – 6 Credits
- TH 511 Theology I
- TH 512 Theology II
Pastoral Ministry Core – 9 Credits
- CM 635 Interpersonal Forgiveness
- CM 526 Managing Conflict
- PM 549 Small Group Dynamics
Concentration Core – 18 Credits1
- CC 501 Counseling Theories and the Christian Counselor
- CC 502 Counseling Techniques and the Helping Relationship for the Christian Counselor
- CC 503 Assessment Skills and Treatment Planning for the Christian Counselor
- CC 504 Marriage Counseling in Christian Counseling
- CC 505 Ethics for the Christian Counselor
- Choose one course:
- PM 636 Spiritual Disciplines
- CM 565 Dealing with Difficult People
- CM 650 Principles of Church Discipline
- PM 542 The Art of Mentoring
1 Note: The Christian Counseling (CC) masters level courses may not be available in all delivery systems.
Information on the MA Degree and Other Majors