DMin Degree – Major in Christian Management and Leadership
The major in the DMin degree is the focused area of study designed to prepare a student for a specific career path or professional goal. Courses in the major define the subject areas of expertise being developed by the student.
Purpose of the Major
To guide learners in developing a biblical philosophy of management and leadership and analyzing and formulating critical concepts and competencies to enhance effective management and leadership in the church or Christian organization context.
- Learners will assess and evaluate theories of management and leadership in light of the biblical perspective.
- Learners will research and formulate critical concepts and competencies of management and leadership for the church or Christian organization context.
- Learners will critically reflect on practical management scenarios and evaluate the application of critical concepts and competencies to foster positive results.
- Learners will develop and articulate a biblical philosophy of management and leadership.
- Learners will interact with the content of the chosen major via analysis, critical reflection, and synthesis, culminating in an applied writing project.
Major Core Studies – 18 Credits
Major Core Studies form 18 credits of the 30 credits minimum for the DMin degree Major in Christian Management and Leadership. Major Core Studies are from Administration and Pastoral Ministry subject areas.
Students are asked to move through the Major Core of courses in the order that the courses are listed. Completing courses in the order below will promote a theoretical and theological development of Christian management and leadership praxis.
- AD 805 Historical Development of Management and Leadership Theory
- AD 850 Theological Analysis of Administration Principles
- AD 724 Theoretical Analysis of Human and Organizational Development
- AD 725 Current Issues of Human Resource Management
- PM 742 Mentoring in Today’s Culture
- AD 890 Critical Study of Management Cases
Program Structure – 30 Credits Minimum
- RW 001 Trinity Tutorial – 0 credits
- D.Min. Common Core – 6 credits
- Major Core Studies – 18 credits
- D.Min. Capstone Research Project – 6 credits
- RW 991 Mission Outcomes Assessment – 0 credits
A minimum of 30 credits must be earned at Trinity.
Information on the DMin Degree and Other Majors