BA Degree – Major in Christian Management and Leadership
The major in the Bachelor of Arts degree is the focused area of study designed to prepare a student for a specific career path or professional goal. Courses in the major define the subject areas of expertise being developed by the student.
Purpose of the Major
To build in learners ministry competencies in management and leadership in the church or parachurch context, grounded in biblical foundations of management and leadership, and informed by human developmental issues and needs.
- Learners will examine historical, theological, and contemporary foundations of management and leadership theory.
- Learners will evaluate essential principles and practices of Christian management and leadership.
- Learners will assess human developmental issues and needs to inform an understanding of essential principles and practices of Christian management and leadership in the church or parachurch.
Major Core Studies – 30 Credits
Major Core Studies form 30 credits of the 120 credits minimum for the BA degree. Major Core Studies are from General Education, Administration, Conflict Management, Christian Education, and Pastoral Ministry subject areas. Students are asked to move through the Major Core of courses in the order that the courses are listed. Completing courses in the order below will promote a foundational development of essential Christian management and leadership concepts and competencies.
- GE 237 Public Speech in Ministry
- AD 437 Introduction to Management and Leadership Theory
- AD 424 Basic Principles of Administration
- CM 326 Fundamentals of Conflict Management
- AD 301 Basic Principles of Human and Organizational Development
- AD 384 The Scope of Human Resource Management
- AD 474 Management Leadership Research
- CE 490 Basic Principles of Spiritual Growth in Christian Education 
- PM 342 Mentoring Principles1
- CM 426 Understanding the Process of Positive Change
 Learners may replace course with an elective in Christian Education (CE) or Pastoral Ministry (PM).
Program Structure – 120 Credits Minimum
Information on the BA Degree and Other Majors