BA Degree – Major in Christian Education
The major in the Bachelor of Arts degree is the focused area of study designed to prepare a student for a specific career path or professional goal. Courses in the major define the subject areas of expertise being developed by the student.
Purpose of the Major
To equip persons for service in leadership and discipleship related ministries in the local church or Christian non-profit organization through basic training in the Word of God and contemporary strategies for educational ministries.
- Learners will articulate a biblically-based Christian worldview of basic leadership and discipleship principles and practices through informed perspectives expressed in academic activities in administration, teaching, spiritual growth, and small groups.
- Learners will identify best practices that contribute to personal growth and spiritual formation through self-assessment and peer-evaluation academic activities.
- Learners will demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the basic principles and practices of leadership and discipleship through critical reflection of scholarly resources and contemporary writings.
- Learners will demonstrate basic skills in leadership and discipleship through well-reasoned applications and evaluations deployed in life, work, and ministry
Major Core Studies – 30 Credits
Major Core Studies form 30 credits of the 120 credits minimum for the BA degree Major in Biblical Counseling. Major Core Studies are from the Biblical Counseling subject area.
- CE 488 Developing Christian Education for the Local Church 
- CE 388 Strategies for Effective Teaching 
- CE 470 Biblical Theology of Christian Education: An Overview
- CE 490 Basic Principles of Spiritual Growth in Christian Education
- CM 326 Fundamentals of Managing Conflict
- AD 424 Basic Principles of Administration
- AD 437 Introduction to Management and Leadership Theory
- PM 349 Introduction to Small Group Dynamics
- Electives: Any 2 courses in:
– Administration (AD)
– Christian Education (CE)
– Conflict Management (CM)
– Expository Preaching (EP)
– Leadership (LD)
– Pastoral Ministry (PM)
– Youth Ministry (YT)
– Women's Studies (WS) – 6 credits
 Learners may replace course with an elective in Christian Education (CE).
Program Structure – 120 Credits Minimum
Information on the BA Degree and Other Majors