BA Degree – Major in Bible and Theology
The major in the Bachelor of Arts degree is the focused area of study designed to prepare a student for a specific career path or professional goal. Courses in the major define the subject areas of expertise being developed by the student.
Purpose of the Major
To develop in learners skills (1) in critical, discerning thought in the interpretation of biblical and other Christian texts and sources, (2) in the training of others to do the same, and (3) in making appropriate application of truths learned to life and service.
- Learners will develop the basic skills of observation, interpretation, and application in the study of the Bible.
- Learners will identify and explain the significance of themes, events, and personalities found in the Old and New Testaments.
- Learners will identify and describe pertinent background, interpretive questions, and related information pertaining to books found in the Old and New Testaments.
- Learners will apply appropriately to life and service the biblical teachings and principles learned in the course of study.
- Learners will develop critical evaluative skills in interpreting Christian literature and an ability to communicate these skills to others.
Major Core Studies – 30 Credits
Major Core Studies form 30 credits of the 120 credits minimum for the BA degree. Major Core Studies are from New Testament, Theology, and Church History subject areas.
- NT 310 Survey of the Life and Letters of Paul
- NT 307 Survey of the Gospel of Matthew 
- TH 483 Introduction to Old Testament Theology 
- TH 333 Introduction to New Testament Theology 
- CH 320 Survey of Church History
- TH 406 Introduction to the Doctrine of the Bible 
- TH 484 Survey of the Doctrine of the Church 
- TH 395 Introduction to the Doctrine of Christ
- NT 334 Expositions of First Corinthians
- NT 345 The Book of Acts: An Introduction 
 Learners may replace course with NT 306 Survey of the Gospel of Luke, NT 346 Introduction to Pastoral Epistles, or NT 347 Synoptic Gospels: A Closer Look.
 Learners may replace course with an elective in Theology (TH).
 Learners may replace course with NT 346 Introduction to Pastoral Epistles.
Program Structure – 120 Credits Minimum
- RW 001 Trinity Tutorial – 0 credits
- General Electives Studies – 60 credits
- Bible Core Studies – 30 credits (at least 6 through Trinity)
- Major Core Studies – 30 credits (at least 12 through Trinity)
Information on the BA Degree and Other Majors